What is a skin test?
- A skin test is a small amount of hair dye that we place in the crease of your elbow and leave for 45 minutes before washing it of with lukewarm water to check if you have an allergy. We do this at least 48 hours before your colour appointment. We will be offering another option soon that will be less time consuming called a ColourStart Passport.
Why do we skin test?
- When we skin test we are checking to see if you have an allergy to PPD, a chemical that is often found in hair dyes. As you can develop an allergy suddenly we must carry out skin tests for your own safety.
What happens if I am late to my appointment?
- If you know you are going to be late please ring us to let us know. we will then advice you if you will still have enough time for the appointment to carry on or if you will need to rebook.
Why is it important for stylists to book out the correct amount of time?
- We want to make sure you leave our salon with the hair of your dreams and to do that we need enough time. Our stylists are highly experienced and work very well under pressure but hair colour for example needs processing time to achieve the right results so this is why we offer free consultations to give you time to talk with your stylist about what you would like and also why when booking we will nSSeed to know what services you are expecting! If you have booked and then decide you fancy a big change, just drop us a message or call so we can make sure your appointment can go ahead on the day!
Do we offer parking?
- Unfortunately we don't have any client parking but there is a large car park a few minutes walk away called Cattlemarket car park.
Should I wash my hair before I come in?
- You don't have to worry about fitting in hair washes with appointments! If you haven't washed your hair then that's absolutely fine, we offer a lovely, relaxing hair wash at the basin and sometimes hair that's a little dirty is easier to colour and foil.
Can I bring picture of what I want?
- By all means please do! It helps stylists to really see what you are looking for but please remember sometimes the outcome will take more than one appointment or be unrealistic for your hair type. Your stylist will always talk you through the process and make sure you are happy before beginning.
Why do different stylists cost more than others?
- The price charged by a stylist reflects there experience so a stylist of 10 years will charge more than a stylist of 3 years. This also means that we can offer a better range of prices to suit everyone's budgets.
Do we have a cancellation policy?
- Yes we do. We will always do our best to offer you appointments at the times and days most convenient to you and its a shame when we have no shows for appointment times that someone else would liked so therefor we ask that you give us 48 hours notice of a cancelation. We do understand that it isn't always possible but if it is please do!
When should I book my next appointment?
- This really depends on how long you go between appointments. Your stylist will recommend when a follow up appointment will be needed and we encourage you to book the next appointment/s before you leave so we can guarantee the time/date you want! Plus by rebooking your next two appointments you get a free entering into out raffle to win a £50 John Lewis voucher along with some other goodies!
What brand do we work with?
- Here at Route51 we work with the KAO Salon Division brands such as Goldwell and KMS.